14 Feb 2019
The Cook Islands is the perfect holiday destination for singles, couples, families and large groups!
One question we always get asked when guest are planning to travel to the Cook Islands, is what do they need to bring with them?
The Cook Islands has definately changed over recent years as you can find almost everything here in our local stores!
Here are a few things we recommend packing for your holiday in the Cook Islands:
- Clothing - when it comes to the Cook Islands often the weather is always hot with occasional showers - we recommend packing light and summer appropriate clothing items.
- Swimming Togs - when in the Cook Islands you probably will spend majority of your time in the water or by the beach make sure to pack swimming gear for both in the water and for when you lounge on the beach.
- Jandals - footwear that can be worn both on the beach and at any event! If you don't own any not to worry you can purchase a pair from one of our stores.
- Bug spray - as expected in a tropical destination mosquites are never far away! You can purchase mozzie repelants here in the Cook Islands but feel free to pack some just in case.
- Sun protection - a sunhat or cap, and if you are bringing sunblock make sure it is free from oxybenzone and octinoxate to look after our coral reef. You can also grab these items at our pharmacy located in Avarua (town)
- A good book/magazine - keep entertained when lounging by the beach.
- Camera - you won't want to forget this beautiful little paradise so make sure to capture all the adventures you'll have on holiday!
One thing that we do stress you bring with you is the sense of excitement and adventure! There is much to do in the Cook Islands so even if you're by the beach, hiking our mountains or crusing on our roads we encourage all our guests to have fun!